The Urban Orchard is a community garden and a unique events space with the CBD as a backdrop. The Urban Orchard is suited to markets and fairs, festivals, performances and concerts, educational activities, exercise classes, and provides a corporate gala site with a difference.
- Approximately 1,900m² (at grade area excluding planter boxes)
- Capacity approximately 1,000 persons
- Subject to strict weight loading restrictions (recommended loading documentation is available on request). Proposed infrastructure may require structural engineering plans and additional insurance.
- Vehicle access to Urban Orchard through bollards from Central Square may attract additional fees for AGWA security out of normal business hours.
- A maximum of three vehicles is allowed on the Urban Orchard at one time.
- Noise impact on State Theatre and Art Gallery of WA must be considered.
- Access to the Art Gallery of WA entrance and the Perth Train Station must be maintained.
- Extreme care must be taken not to damage the stoneset pathways. Vehicles, trolleys, pallets, barrels and any other heavy items are not permitted to be placed or travel on or across these areas.
- A permanent vehicle and infrastructure exclusion zone of 5 metres is in place around the “Meadmore” sculpture.
- Small wooden stage between Urban Orchard and Train station bridge
- Power available. The total Amps available to events during normal daytime hours from the Urban Orchard Distribution Board is approximately 80A (70A when lighting is activated).
- Vehicle access via Beaufort Street, with limited access directly to Urban Orchard